12 days ago
Cambridge Women’s Resources Centre are currently looking for a new Treasurer and Trustees to join their committed and dynamic board
CWRC is a welcoming and accessible women’s community space in our new building on Swann's Road. The centre was established in 1982 and has a rich history of supporting, training and encouraging women seeking positive change for themselves and their families.
This long established and constantly evolving community of women, offers a realm of services to make life and living a little bit easier. Here women find practical support and advice on many challenging day to day issues, including guidance on career development, support and advice on debt and financial, family and parenting, together with a mix of fun and practical informal groups, workshops and networking events.
Offering a safe environment for all who walk through our doors, coffee room and free WIFI, CWRC encourages and facilitates a sense of friendship and companionship; empowering women and helping them to take steps to a better future.
A member of the Board of Trustees of the Cambridge Women’s Resources Centre (CWRC) contributes to the governance of an organisation with an outstanding record of success in providing training, support, resources and activities to enable women to transform their lives. Every year we have hundreds of women accessing our services. These range from women who drop in to our centres for a cup of tea and a chat to others who need the intensive support we provide through one of our projects or partnerships. For the best part of forty years, CWRC has co-ordinated the work of volunteers based in the communities that we are proud to serve and has brought women together to share and understand their own experiences and to learn from and inspire each other.
Please note, given the nature of our work and our commitment to providing a safe space for women, we are only accepting applications from female applicants at this time. We are also keen to increase diversity on our board. We would especially welcome applications from young women and less represented minority backgrounds.
We would like to hear from women who have the following skills and experience and can demonstrate the following competencies and values:
- Experience in finance/financial management, business development/diversifying streams of income, HR, IT and/or Marketing.
- Interest in working in the women's sector.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to take decisions for the good of CWRC.
- Commitment to the purpose and mission of CWRC, its development and implementation.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
- Personal integrity.
- Good, independent judgement.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Willingness to speak their mind.
- Respect for those with differing views to be able to enter discussions constructively.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
We ask our trustees to be available for a minimum time commitment of 6 hours a month.
Extra time will be needed if trustees volunteer to take on an officer/sub-committee role, or any other responsibilities.
Board meetings are normally held at six week interludes.
One meeting each year is allotted to strategic planning.
Board meetings last approximately two hours and are usually held at CWRC’s offices in Cambridge at a time which is discussed and agreed.
Papers are usually distributed one week in advance of meetings.
Trustees may be asked to join one of the committees or working parties which meet from time-to time as required and in Cambridge or Peterborough.
Trustees are invited to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of CWRC, in Cambridge or Peterborough.
An induction process is in place to ensure new Trustees feel welcome and informed.
Trustees can claim reasonable out-of-pocket expenses incurred in travelling to and from meetings.
How to apply
Please send a CV or similar, (eg LinkedIn Profile) along with a short supporting statement outlining:
• Why you are interested in joining our board
• Your relevant skills and experience
• How you think you could apply your skills and experience to strengthen our board
• Please return applications to the TrusteeWorks email address provided below