|Job Title:||Business Trustee|
|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2019 16:18|
About the organisation
Refugee Resource aims to relieve distress, improve well-being and facilitate the integration of refugees, asylum seekers and vulnerable migrants – mainly in Oxfordshire – by providing psychological, social and practical support.
About the role
We are looking for someone with a strong business background who can help the charity to further its reach with an improved business strategy. In addition to providing support around our business strategy you will also be contributing to the good governance of our organisation.
By joining the board you will help to ensure that the organisation continues to provide its invaluable services to refugees, asylum seekers and vulnerable migrants.
Main responsibilities along with other Trustees
- Actively contributing to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance.
- Actively seeking to further the strategic objectives of Refugee Resource, and acting in the best interests of the organisation at all time.
- Monitoring whether the organisation complies with its governing document.
- Monitoring the financial position of the organisation and ensuring that it operates within its means and objectives, and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management.
- Supporting the development of the organisation through participation in agreed projects.
Responsibilities of Business Trustee
- To advise on business sustainability and start up initiatives.
- To provide thought leadership around issues relating to income generation and selling of services.
- To link with relevant businesses and organisations to help develop working partnerships that could lead to the organisation’s long term sustainability.
- To support yearly strategic/business planning, monitoring and review.
- Draw on your networks to support our work.
- Ideally to sit on Finance Committee.
- Significant commercial business experience.
- Experience of working at a senior management / leadership level.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of the charity.
- Ability to work at a strategic level, think creatively and criticise constructively.
- Good, independent judgement and a willingness to speak your mind.
- A firm belief in and commitment to Refugee Resource’s mission.
- An understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Experience of business development.
- Knowledge of financial management, budgeting and accounting.
- Experience and knowledge of the work Refugee Resource do.
- Quarterly board meetings, which take place at 4:30pm – 6:30pm.
- One away day per year, usually held in September.
- Sit on one Board-level committee eg preferably Finance Committee (quarterly)
- Ideally attend 1-2 events held by the charity per year.
- Staff meetings are held monthly which trustees are encouraged to attend as/ when they can; ideally at least one a year.
How to apply
Applications should be made via TrusteeWorks in the first instance.
To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's