|Job Title:||Business Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||December 18, 2020 16:14|
A.C.E supports young people to improve their emotional/mental health. We are currently looking for someone with a strong business background who can help us further our reach with an improved business strategy. Your business expertise will help ensure we continue our sustainability for many years to come. In addition to providing support around our business strategy you will also be contributing to the good governance of our organisation.
A.C.E was founded in 2008 following a piece of research with vulnerable young people about their needs. A.C.E was designed by young people and young people continue to be involved in its development. In 2011 A.C.E became a registered charity and has slowly grown over the years.
- To advise on business sustainability and other related initiatives.
- To provide thought leadership around issues relating to income generation and selling of services.
- To link with relevant businesses and organisations to help develop working partnerships that could lead to the organisation’s long term sustainability.
- To support yearly strategic/business planning, monitoring and review.
- Draw on your networks to support our work. Ideally to sit on one of the working groups.
- Significant business/commercial strategy experience.
- Experience of working at a senior management / leadership level.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of the charity.
- Ability to work at a strategic level, think creatively and criticise constructively.
- Good, independent judgement and a willingness to speak your mind.
- An understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
The Board meets once a month. The trustee is expected to commit at least 5 hours a month, which includes board meetings and participation. The term is three years but can be extended.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please send a CV along with a cover letter outlining your interest and what you might contribute to a Board. If you would like an informal chat with the Chair before applying please get in touch with the TrusteeWorks team to arrange a conversation.