|Job Title:||Business Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||October 31, 2019 11:22|
We are an ambitious organisation. Helping women change their lives is at the heart of what we do and everything we get involved in is for the benefit of our service users.
This is a chance to get involved in a small but resourceful organisation, which will allow the Trustee to get a good grip on different areas of how a small charity operates. It’s a very exciting time to be a Trustee of Treasures; everything the Trustees do or get involved in will have a great impact on the organisation and everyone’s contribution will definitely make a difference to beneficiaries. You will also have the opportunity to attend courses, join networking events and meet our funders.
About the charity
Treasures Foundation helps former female addicts to find the treasures in themselves, preparing them for rich, fulfilling lives through supported accommodation.
The aim of the foundation is to break the cycles of addiction and offending behaviour with the primary purpose to deliver a service that makes a real difference to real lives. We will help individuals recover from substance misuse to shape and sustain positive and rewarding lives.
All individuals who have substance misuse issues should have access to support that is effective in changing lives. We will support for vulnerable women on release from prison to more effectively meet their care needs, facilitating rehabilitation and re-housing, leading to independent living and breaking the cycles of crime and addiction.
- To ensure that commercial activities and interventions are linked to the company’s charitable objectives and complement the company culture.
- To actively contribute to policy setting, strategic direction, goal and target setting, and evaluate performance against targets, budgets, plans and charitable objectives.
- To monitor whether the service complies with its governing document and standards and if the needs of the beneficiaries are being met.
- Proven experience in commercial, business or social enterprises at a senior or executive level
- A commitment to what Treasures is seeking to achieve in line with Christian principles
- Empathy with what the women that we serve have faced and a desire to help them to turn their lives around. Willingness to actively participate in discussions concerning needs of the charity’s beneficiaries, staff and the Trustee board
- A willingness to learn what duties fall to a Trustee, the liabilities and to take appropriate action
- Willingness to share views in an appropriate way
- To seek to respond to queries from staff and fellow Trustees in a timely fashion
- Willingness to act in the best interest of the charity
- Working effectively as a team member and demonstrating a willingness to learn and develop
- Strong intellectual and analytical ability; innovative thinker and ability to focus on issues requiring action
- Experience in the charitable or voluntary sector
- Experience of charity law and governance
We act in line with Christian principles and as the Trustees are the leaders of Treasures, we would like to receive applications from individuals who identify as Christians. Those of other beliefs are welcome to volunteer in other ways, please contact us.
The Trustee role is not remunerated, but reasonable expenses can be claimed, for example child care costs so you can join our meetings.
The board meet every other month for 2 hours. Other involvement could add up to about 4 hours per month.
Location: Rotherhithe, SE16 5RN.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please submit your CV and a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, what skills and experience you will bring to the board, directly addressing the person specification, and any other relevant information. If you do not have an up to date CV you are welcome to fill out the Offer to Serve document. Please contact Reach Volunteering to request it.