Business Development Trustee
|Job Title:||Business Development Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2019 14:57|
About the organisation
Reach Volunteering are currently working with The Money Charity - the UK’s financial capability charity - to appoint a Business Development Trustee to join their board to help oversee the running of the charity.
Our business development trustee will provide leadership and experience to the board on growing the organisation’s traded income and the development of profitable products and services that also fulfil our purpose. Bringing strategic and analytical skills they will support our team in reviewing and developing our customer management processes to better forecast our income.
About the role
Through the leadership of this role, the board will be able to better understand and appraise strategic opportunities that arise as well being able to offer supportive challenge on the sales funnel and sales opportunities and activity of the organisation.
- Provide thought leadership and new ideas from industry on the areas of business development, product/service development and/or customer relationship good practice
- Advise on the sales cycle and process’ for the organisations current trading activity and identify strengths, weaknesses opportunities and threats to the board
- Make recommendations to the board on where to invest in sound business opportunities that will also achieve the organisation's purpose.
- Identify routes for sales and services to new and existing customers
- Identify appropriate training and skills development pathways for those engaged in sales and proposal creation within the organisation for understanding customer needs and building positive relationships
- Perform the usual duties of a trustee, including:
-ensuring that the charity has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these.
-being responsible for the performance of the charity and for its “corporate” behaviour; ensuring that the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
-undertaking an ambassadorial role for the Money Charity where opportunities arise.
-attending quarterly meetings of trustees
-avoiding any conflict of interests
-reflecting annually on the board’s performance and your own performance as a trustee.
- As a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity, all Trustees are required to fulfil the legal responsibilities as a trustee in addition to the legal responsibilities of being a Director of a company in England and Wales.
- Successful track record in the areas or business development, sales and or product development and or operations or process development as a product manager / CTO / developer or social entrepreneur or similar area.
- Experience of working at a senior management/leadership level.
- Demonstrable and practical experience of training or coaching to enable others to grow their skills and confidence
- Extensive networks, and a willingness to draw on contacts as appropriate.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- Ability to work at a strategic and visionary level whilst understanding the detail and complexities of delivery, and the influencing skills needed to bring staff and stakeholders along with plans.
Ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
What difference will you make?
We are launching an ambitious strategy that includes the need to increase and diversify our income. In particular we want to build on our current income generation practices and would love the addition of a trustee with experience and enthusiasm to help us focus on business development across the organisation.
What's in it for the volunteer?
- Make a significant difference to a charity that has ambitious expansion plans through a new strategy
- The unique opportunity to develop existing skills, gain experience in charity leadership and governance within a national charity setting
- Full induction and training given by The Money Charity, including the roles and responsibilities of the Board of Trustees
- Access the training we offer to staff and beneficiaries, including Auditing,
financial training and shadowing our delivery in schools, workplaces and communities
Mostly during office hours. Approximately half a day a month including a quarterly board meeting.
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information. Deadline: 18 Apr 2019
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's