Vale of Glamorgan
16 days ago
Join Atal y Fro, the largest women’s organisation in the Vale of Glamorgan.
Trustees are responsible for setting the approach of ATAL Y FRO by providing strategic management, planning and financial control.
We require a proactive and creative trustee, with experience in business development, who can help us secure new potential opportunities to diversify our income.
Main responsibilities include:
- Ensure that the organisation sets aims and objectives that reflect its values, looks positively to the future and how the organisation’s mission is to be achieved;
- Set the strategic direction of the ATAL Y FRO that meets the organisation’s agreed aims and objectives and supports equality and diversity;
- Determine and monitor the structure as appropriate to incorporate legal, governance and management framework;
- Provide a strategy which continually builds upon and makes good use of the organisation’s human and other resources;
- Regularly carry out review of the performance of the Board and of individual members and the manager;
- Regularly review the strategic plan and organisational policies to maintain them fit for purpose;
- Ensure that the organisation is adequately resourced and acts as a responsible employer;
- Ensure the organisation remains solvent through monitoring and that funds are raised as required;
- Ensure that funding is used and allocated wisely and in accordance with the Charities Commission’s requirements: Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP), where applicable;
- Appoint, where appropriate, Trustees / senior staff to undertake specified operational activities;
- Prepare, attend and contribute constructively to meetings on a regular basis;
- Ensure that there are procedures which encourage good practice and for dealing effectively with malpractice or misconduct;
- Make use of professional advice when appropriate to do so and retaining any written advice for future reference and guidance;
- Attend identified training when necessary;
- To ensure that conflicts of interest and professional boundaries are declared and handled sensitively in accordance with ATAL Y FRO policies.
- A background in any of these areas: Business Development, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Partnerships, Company Sponsorships, Enterprise and/or Change Management
- Have a commitment to working towards breaking the cycle of domestic abuse and for the right of women and children to live and enjoy their lives in a safe environment
- Be constructive and non-judgmental about other Trustees’ opinions in discussions
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Appreciate the objectives of the organisation, why it exists and how it operates
- Be committed to preparing adequately for all meetings
- Extensive networks and a willingness to draw on contacts as appropriate.
Please note that all Trustee appointments for Atal y Fro are dependent on a basic DBS check due to the nature of the charity.
The Board currently meet once a month and one Annual General Meeting.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please send your CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in applying for the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information.