|Job Title:||Branch Secretary|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2020 16:41|
The south Bucks branch of the RSPCA cares for around 400 sick, injured and abandoned animals in our local area each year. Finding them new homes and giving them a second chance is the main focus of our work. Many are beloved pets from owners who can no longer care for them; others are rescued from abuse and neglect.
We are seeking a Branch Secretary to join our board of Trustees
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Branch Secretary to act as principal communications trustee managing and maintaining the administrative affairs of the Buckinghamshire South branch.
The current Secretary is continuing as a Trustee and is happy to offer help and advice while you settle into the role. There is also training and support available from the National Society.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To act as the main contact point for all branch communications.
- Arrange branch meetings, ensure accurate minutes are taken and distributed in accordance with branch rules.
- Ensure all branch committee decisions are implemented and actions completed.
- Arrange the branch AGM
What are we looking for?
- Commitment to the aims, principles and policies of the RSPCA South Bucks.
- Willingness and ability to understand and accept your responsibilities and liabilities as a Trustee and to act in the best interests of the organisation.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise good, independent judgement and work effectively as a committee member.
- Strong administrative & interpersonal skills.
What's in it for the volunteer?
It's a great way to meet like-minded people who share your enthusiasm for animal welfare. You will have the opportunity to gain new skills and develop existing ones, whilst making a real difference to the lives of animals.
Committee meetings are held monthly in High Wycombe; on a Monday at 7.30pm
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please send a CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in applying for the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the committee and any other relevant information.