|Job Title:||Board Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2020 10:54|
Are you looking for a new opportunity? The National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN) has a new opportunity for Trustees to join its team! NEBDN is a leading provider of qualifications for dental nurses in the UK.
About the organisation
NEBDN is a leading provider of qualifications for dental nurses in the UK. As a registered charity, its been examining and awarding dental nursing qualifications for over 75 years!
Currently the Board is made up of 12 Trustees and you will be replacing those who have completed their time in position.
The Trustees are collectively responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of NEBDN, and for developing the organisation’s aims, objectives and goals in accordance with its governing document and legal and regulatory guidelines.
Specific duties of Trustees include:
- Providing oversight of the charity’s activities.
- Ensuring that NEBDN complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Actively contributing to the Board’s role in giving strategic direction to NEBDN, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Safeguarding the good name and values of NEBDN
- Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of NEBDN
- Ensuring the financial stability of NEBDN, and
- appointing the Chief Executive and monitoring his/her performance.
- Preparing for and attending approximately six meetings of the Board each year.
- Attending NEBDN’s AGM/conference each year.
- Being a member of, and participating in, one of its subcommittees – this will include a mixture of face-to-face meetings, teleconferences/video conferencing, and work outside the meetings.
- Attending the annual strategic planning day. (usually held in October each year)
- Ad hoc assistance as required.
What will you get out of it?
- The opportunity to develop leadership skills
- Improve financial skills, develop/ improve management skills
- The opportunity to gain a range of business skills
- The opportunity to influence and develop dental nurse education and future qualifications
- The opportunity to get involved in strategic development
At present we are especially interested to hear from applicants with expertise in Financial Management and would hope to make at least one appointment in this area.
We would also welcome applications from those who have a background in Dental nursing, Dentistry/Clinical Professional, Marketing, Business, Education or Law.
As a Trustee you will be expected to have knowledge of the industry in which you work and be willing to learn and contribute to the changing factors of dental nursing education.
Trustees play a vital role at NEBDN as we pursue our mission to advance the education of dental nurses for the benefit of the public.
Time and commitment
Overall the time commitment is approximately 12 days a year plus preparation time.
How to apply
If you have any queries about the application or wish to discuss the posts prior to application, please contact us via the Reach Volunteering platform. We must receive applications before 5pm on Friday the 10 July 2020. Please note, applications received after this time will not be accepted, and the post will be removed from the website. All applicants to be contacted after this.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's