|Job Title:||Company Secretary|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 19:17|
The role of Secretary is to support the Chair by ensuring the Board of Trustees conducts itself professionally and effectively in providing sound governance of the charity. It is primarily an administrative role that involves organising the agenda for trustee meetings, taking minutes and ensuring all relevant compliance information is accurately maintained and action points are followed up.
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of meetings
- Work collaboratively with the Chair to plan, produce and circulate agendas and supporting papers for committee meetings.
- Taking minutes and circulating to all Trustees
- Checking that Trustees and staff have carried out actions agreed at meetings
- Support members in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities, organising induction and ongoing training.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and implementation of procedures to ensure the highest standards of good governance and compliance.
- Ensuring submissions and returns to Charity Commission are made on time
- Ensuring that the charity meets its obligations for compliance in respect of charity law, employment legislation, data protection, terms of grants and other funding etc. And providing the Board with all appropriate information to demonstrate our compliance.
- Experience of undertaking administrative tasks and minute-taking
- Excellent organisational ability and the ability to work collaboratively and provide support to other committee members
- Knowledge or experience of business and committee procedures
- Experience of senior management or leadership
- Good independent judgement and ability to think creatively
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly both in person and in written form and provide timely advice
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
Time commitment and location
- The Board meets bi-monthly for 2 hours at their office in Balsall Heath, Birmingham.
- Approximately 4 additional hours for pre and post board meeting administration.
196-198 Edward Road, Balsall Heath. Birmingham, B12 9LX