Audit and Risk Committee member
|Job Title:||Audit and Risk Committee member|
|Contact Name:||Chris Boyle|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2020 18:17|
Independent Audit and Risk Committee Member
As the UK’s national academy for engineering, we bring together the most successful and talented engineers from across the engineering sectors in a Fellowship, for a shared purpose: to advance and promote excellence in engineering. We provide analysis and policy support to promote the UK’s role as a great place to do business. We take a lead on engineering education and we invest in the UK’s world-class research base to underpin innovation. We work to improve public awareness and understanding of engineering. We are a national academy with a global outlook, and we use our international partnerships to ensure that the UK benefits from international networks, expertise and investment.
The Academy is a charity registered in England and Wales with charity registration number 293074. Further information on the Academy can be found on our website.
The Academy has a vacancy for an independent member of its Audit and Risk Committee (Committee). The purpose of the Committee is to assess and improve risk management and internal processes and controls across the Academy and oversee the external audit on behalf of the Trustee Board (Board).
The Committee operates within the Risk Appetite approved by the Board and the Academy’s Equality, Diversity & Inclusion policy.
If you are a CCAB qualified accountant with experience either within a financial, accounting or audit background, or of charity or governance issues more generally, we would be very pleased to hear from you.
We are committed to diversity and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
- To review the effectiveness and development of the Academy’s risk management policy and processes.
- To review the Academy’s main risks and their management, particularly strategic risks and control processes concerns, and assess the level of assurance on the controls in place.
- To enable the audit and review of the Academy’s activities, assessing compliance with and the effectiveness of controls, policies and processes.
- To review significant projects, programmes and other activities to ensure that suitable contracts are in place and that the financial, operational and risk management is appropriate.
- To have primary responsibility for recommending the appointment, reappointment and removal of the external auditors.
- To review with the external auditors the findings of their work and in particular any problems, reservations and observations arising during the audit.
- To report to the Board, the Committee’s observations and recommendations arising from its review of the annual financial audit and, in particular, to report whether or not there is any reason for the Board not to approve the audited accounts for signature.
Committee members are expected to attend four two and a half hour meetings per year in London and to prepare for these meeting by reading papers circulated in advance.
This is an unpaid role, but reasonable travel and subsistence costs will be reimbursed. The successful candidate will be appointed for an initial three-year term.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 12 March 2020.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Board Member (Finance & Fundraising)
0 - 0
Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
0 - 0
Governor Vacancy - Finance
0 - 0
Non-executive director/Trustee at The White Hills Park Trust
Non-executive director/Trustee at Tapton School Academy Trust