|Job Title:||Assistant Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Pamela Johnson|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2018 14:54|
- Logging invoices, issued and received, on the Sage accounting system;
- Logging payments and receipts on Sage;
- Paying in cheques received;
- Writing cheques to be issued / preparing electronic payments (for signature or approval by the Hon.Treasurer);
- Reconciling once a month with the bank accounts;
- Following up, with the bank, General Manager, etc, queries arising from the bank reconciliation or otherwise;
- Maintaining spreadsheets of subscription and donation receipts, and reconciling them monthly with Sage.
Being aware of the correct VAT treatment of income and expenditure items and discussing any anomalies with the Treasurer.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Before the start of the year, assisting with the preparation of the annual budget; and
- Discussing (by email) forecasts of the income and expenditure in the current year with the Hon.Treasurer
From time to time there are audits by HMRC – for example of VAT or Gift Aid - in which you may be in the lead or supporting the Hon Treasurer. Other types of special exercise can involve analyses of Sage data, eg admin expenditure, ticket receipts etc.