8 days ago
Changing Tunes is a charity, based in Bristol, that uses music and mentoring to help people lead meaningful lives, free from crime.
We are looking for someone with an Arts background to become a Changing Tunes Trustee
Perhaps you are a performer or promoter with links to arts venues that may help to raise the profile of Changing Tunes within the arts sector. Perhaps you have experience devising and implementing artistic strategies and are looking for a new opportunity to help shape the artistic future of this organisation.
In addition to providing your skills and experience, you will also contribute to the overall governance of the charity helping us to achieve our aims. Our Trustees have overall control of the charity and are responsible for making sure it is doing what it was set up to do. Trustees lead the charity, decide how it is run and make decisions which impact on the lives of our beneficiaries.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Actively contributing to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance.
- Actively seeking to further the strategic objectives of Changing Tunes, and acting in the best interests of the organisation at all time.
- Monitoring whether the service complies with its governing document.
- Monitoring the financial position of the organisation and ensuring that it operates within its means and objects, and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management.
- Supporting the development of the organisation through participation in agreed projects.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in the arts, preferably within music.
- Commitment to the aims, principles and policies of Changing Tunes.
- Willingness and ability to understand and accept their responsibilities and liabilities as trustees, and to act in the best interests of the organisation.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise good, independent judgement, and work effectively as a board member.
- Effective communication skills and willingness to participate actively in discussion.
Individuals must be supportive of the Christian ethos of Changing Tunes. To keep in line with our current governance we are keen to recruit practising Christians.
The role of Arts Trustee is new for our board. There is an induction process in place to ensure the successful candidate feels welcome and informed.
- The board meets 4 times a year
- Attendance at annual event held by the charity
- Attendance at other events throughout the year is desirable
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, the skills and experience you would bring to the board, and any other relevant information.