Mrs Helen Perkins
WCSM CHARITY AC
21 days ago
The Worshipful Company of Spectacle Makers' Charity
CThe Worshipful Company of Spectacle Makers' Charity (registered Charity no. 1072172) is looking for a volunteer Chartered Accountant to support its Trustees on financial matters. This is a great opportunity to help vision impaired people. though a historic and highly relevant City Livery Company. The Charity is a grant-giving organisation.
Day to day accounting entries and book-keeping and the processing of Gift Aid reclaims are managed within the office of the Worshipful Company of Spectacle Makers. The role is therefore mainly advisory but involves production of the year end accounts in liaison with external independent examiners.
The Trustees are looking for someone with recent and relevant accounting experience and a good broad understanding of Charity Commission guidelines relating to finance and accounting.
1) to confirm at the start of each year and at each quarterly grant meeting the value of funds available for distribution
2) to make recommendations to the Trustees on appropriate use of each of the General, Expendable Endowment and Restricted Funds;
3) to monitor progress against the Charity’s aim to build funds to £1 million by 2029;
4) to liaise with the investment manager and authorised signatories re cashflow;
5) to prepare a draft of the Charity's annual accounts and liaise with the office and external independent examiners to ensure that accounts and statutory returns are completed on time;
6) to give any other general financial guidance as requested by the Trustees
Expected time commitment
Up to 8 days a year. The Trustees meet quarterly, from 1-3pm at the Company's offices between Blackfriars and St Paul’s, in the City of London. Dates are set a year in advance. The financial year end is 31 March and accounts would usually be prepared by the middle of May.
Email The Clerk (email@example.com) for more information or to express an interest in this role. The closing date is Wednesday 1 August 2018.