16 days ago
Action West London helps disadvantaged people – unemployed, people from black and ethnic minority backgrounds, young people not in education, training, or employment (NEETs), young offenders, adult offenders, lone parents, older people, people with mental health difficulties, refugees, digitally excluded, and people living in poverty.
This is a key position and a great opportunity to develop financial, company and business support for an established, respected and dynamic West London charity and social enterprise.
- To assist the Board to develop a corporate relationship strategy and action and build links with companies and businesses in West London to help achieve Action West London’s Mission of ‘changing lives through Employment, Education and Enterprise’.
- To ensure Action West London’s corporate partnership strategy and practice is of the highest standard.
Experience & qualities required
- A good financial/accountancy background with experience of preparing accounts for audit and managing financial processes and controls
- A good financial understanding and experience of forecasting, P and L accounts and managing financial risk.
- A good understanding of business and companies and how they can support charitable activities.
- A good understanding of sponsorship and other resource generation opportunities and business development.
- Good experience and knowledge of corporate and business partnerships with charities and/or social enterprise business development background and/or having run a medium size business.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small to medium UK charities in making links with businesses and companies.
- Experience at senior level in the corporate sector and/or having run a successful business.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- High level Knowledge and contacts with West London companies and businesses
- Knowledge of the charity and voluntary sector and/or social enterprise.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, Companies House requirements, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
You will be required to commit to around 7-14 hours per month, in addition to 4 Trustee Board meetings and 1 strategy 'away day' each year.
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
AWL punches above its weight with regard to the delivery of life changing services across West London. Having received a multitude of awards and endorsements from senior political figures, as well as affiliated organisations, you will join a high performing, dedicated and ambitious board of Trustees in the furtherance of AWL’s award-winning work. This role is an excellent opportunity to apply your financial knowledge and your contacts with corporate and business partnerships in a new and exciting context where the strategic decision-making processes you will take part in have a direct and meaningful impact on the lives of our service users.
How to Apply
Interested volunteers will be expected to provide a CV together with a covering letter outlining their interest in, and suitability to the role.
Applications should be made via Reach TrusteeWorks in the first instance.
Deadline: 14th October 2019