Accounting and Finance Trustee
|Job Title:||Accounting and Finance Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Karina Robinson|
|Job Published:||December 03, 2019 15:39|
About The Organisation
Montessori is the world’s largest global education movement, inspired by Dr Maria Montessori in the early 1900s. She is recognised as one of the most important early years educators of the 20th Century, and her classroom practices and ideas have had a profound influence on the education and development of children. Beyoncé, George Clooney and Jeff Bezos all attended a Montessori nursery or school and have spoken publicly about the positive impact it has had on their lives. The MSN Group is comprised of several organisations. Each component part is intended to serve the Group’s wider mission, or part of it.
Montessori St Nicholas is the group’s charity that carries out social impact work and provides grant-funded opportunities for teachers and potential Montessori practitioners or beneficiaries; including Centrepoint, the Alzheimer’s Society, the FirstLight Trust and the Jane Goodall Institute. Montessori Centre International (MCI) is the Group’s training college, delivering a variety of career development courses to those interested in applying Montessori principles to early years’ education. The Montessori Schools Association (MSA) is a membership organisation for those working in the Montessori field and those interested in Montessori education, and MEAB was established in 2008 as the first Montessori Accreditation Board which guarantees the quality of Montessori settings.
2019 marks 100 years of Montessori education in the UK and we are using the occasion to carry out a resourced major growth plan to scale up the organisation and transform how Montessori is perceived in the UK and internationally. As part of that, we have created a new Executive Team and are refreshing the Board with the appointment of new Trustees.
Our plans for 2019/2020 and beyond
MSN and Social Impact
- Hosted a flagship garden at the 2019 Chelsea Flower Show in May, showcasing the importance of nature in childhood development.
- Carry out our stakeholder and political influencing strategy to put Montessori in the front of minds at Government, including an event hosted at the House of Lords in March to celebrate 100 years of Montessori in the UK.
- Launch of Montessori 100 Donor Club – a fundraising initiative that intends to raise £1,000,000 from major donors, with a launch event hosted at the Savoy Hotel in December.
- Advance external collaborations to offer free training programmes and bursaries for socially disadvantaged groups.
- Develop plans to build a flagship nursery at our headquarters at Marlborough House, offering places for free as part of our charitable activities.
- Relaunch our MSA Membership and MEAB Accreditation programmes, to extend our reach and influence in the UK and overseas.
- Help unify the Montessori movement through research and event collaborations with other UK and international Montessori organisations.
- Develop a Merchandise range to support income objectives, with joint-ventures and collaborations with respected suppliers.
As the Charity is both registered with the Charity Commission and is a limited company registered at Companies House, the person holding this position is both a Trustee of the Board of the Charity and director of the limited company.
Principal attributes and experience required of the person holding this position include:
- A qualified finance and accounting professional with a track record of working in organisations with a challenging turnaround and growth strategy
- Experience in international and cross border transactions
- Experience in risk management and/or internal or external audit
- Familiarity with governance structures, particularly between charity and trading subsidiaries
- Strategic mind set and developed influencing skills
- Strong in analytics
- Commercial experience
- Charity experience or ability to immerse quickly
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's