|Contact Name:||Amanda Smith|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2020 20:35|
The Maple Tree chilldren's centre charity is a lively and welcoming place where babies, young children and parents/carers can play and learn together, and where parents can get advice and support when they need it. We have been registered as a charity since August 2017. The centre is located in Wheatley in Oxfordshire and draws families from surrounding villages and the fringes of Oxford. Feedback is overwhelmingly positive about the impact the Maple Tree has on the lives of those it reaches.
The charity is managed by a small group of committed Trustees, none of whom have accountancy training. We are therefore looking for a volunteer who has the required accountancy skills to help manage the charity’s finances. The Trustees would be keen for the postholder to become the Treasurer and a Trustee but this is not an essential requirement.
The centre is open every weekday and there are financial transactions on each of these days along with additional activity generated by fundraising and family learning events, and grant bids and receipts.
Essential key tasks:
- Oversight of the book-keeping (Sage business cloud) including checking that salary payment information is processed correctly
- Preparation of end of year accruals accounts in line with Charity Commission requirements
- Provision of advice to staff
Desirable key tasks:
- Preparation of a short monthly finance report for Trustee meetings including a quarterly financial statement
- Preparation of the annual budget in conjunction with fellow Trustees
- Gift aid claims
- Monitoring and maintenance of financial procedures
- Preparation of financial information to support grant applications
This is an ongoing role much of which can be carried out remotely, however the postholder will need to be available for some meetings at the centre. It is anticipated that the minimum time commitment is likely to be two days per month with more at year end.