5 days ago
Access Social Care is growing fast. We are looking for 2 new Trustees to join our talented and supportive board to help steer the charity through a time of exciting development.
The need for our services is great. Every day, millions of older and disabled people and people with mental health conditions, go without the social care they need. Access Social Care is a new independent charity providing free legal advice for people with social care needs, helping achieve a better quality of life. We work with communities to increase knowledge of the law and rights. We highlight the gap left by cuts to Legal Aid and provide advice for those who can’t afford it. With a 98% success rate, our network of lawyers and barristers ensure fair access to justice when things go wrong. We collaborate with social services whilst holding them to account.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for 2 new Trustees who are passionate about social care and access to justice.
- We are entrepreneurial and growing fast. We are looking for someone with financial management expertise to provide positive challenge and support to the Executive and help us manage risk as we expand.
- We are developing a legal information chatbot and are on the vanguard of applying the use of data to understand patterns of unlawful behaviour. We are looking for someone with a digital or data background with insight in these areas.
- Trustees should be willing to use their expertise and networks to support the charity with income generation.
- Our work takes place in ethnically and socially diverse areas and so we are particularly keen to hear from people from Black, Asian and low-income backgrounds.
- No previous board experience is necessary.
- You must be willing to attend an overnight away day and approximately 8 x 2 hour on-line meetings each year.
To find out more read our job description Work With Us (accesscharity.org.uk)
To arrange an informal chat about the role please contact Sian.Simon@accesscharity.org.uk.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter setting out how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is midnight 3rd May 2021 with 1st stage interviews on the 6th or 7th May 2021 and 2nd stage interviews with existing Board members on 13th May 2021.