|Job Published:||March 28, 2018 14:56|
GLOUCESTERSHIRE RAPE AND SEXUAL ABUSE CENTRE
VACANCY FOR TRUSTEES (voluntary)
Female applicants only: Schedule 9 Part 1 Equalities Act 2010
Do you believe in a world free from sexual violence? Are you interested in women's issues? If so then you could be the Trustee we're looking for. Gloucestershire Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse Centre/Service/support is a registered charity which supports women and girls who have experienced or are experiencing sexual abuse. We provide a helpline and other services including counselling and support groups.
We are currently recruiting trustees to help deliver our strategy and support the staff and volunteers who provide the GRASAC service on a day-to-day basis.
We expect trustees to
- Attend regular trustee meetings every two months (evening) in Gloucester
- Participate in training and an annual away-day (normally at the weekend)
- Be actively involved in between trustee meetings by reading and replying to emails
- Support GRASAC events and activities
- Commit to at least two years of service
In return we can offer you:
- The chance to put something into the local community and have an indirect impact on women’s lives at a time when they need support
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of an organisation at an exciting point in our history
- The ability to contribute to the Rape Crisis and broader women’s movement
- The opportunity to develop skills and experience in a range of areas including governance, employment, equal opportunities, fundraising, publicity, finance
We are looking for women who have an interest in issues around violence against women and girls and who can work as a member of a team. At the moment we are particularly looking for trustees with knowledge and experience in two areas: finance/budgets and fundraising. We welcome applications from women of all ages, especially black and minority ethnic women who are currently under-represented on our board. This position is unpaid, but reasonable travel expenses will be covered.
For more details and an information pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal discussion about the role of a trustee please send an email to this same address and one of our Co-Chairs will contact you. You could also visit our website www.glosrasac.org for further information about the work we do and the services we deliver.
The closing date for application is Friday 17 May 2018