Volunteer Trustee with Health Commissioning And Health Sector Experience
|Job Title:||Volunteer Trustee with Health Commissioning And Health Sector Experience|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2018 17:15|
Reach Volunteering are working with PAC Positive Action in the Community in the recruitment of a new trustee to join their Board. PAC are looking for someone who has expertise in the field of health commissioning and in the UK health sector. This is wonderful opportunity to be involved in an organisation that has a great impact and helps the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of the community. PAC is a needs based charity, and whoever joins would have the opportunity to make a real difference in the community working with a growing organisation that started out with a small grant 18 years ago and now is a nearly £1m turnover charity.
About the organisation
PAC was set up in 1996 to meet the needs of the community which were not being met through statutory provision or by other organisations. Our mission statement is:
- To provide benefits for the inhabitants of the North of England, without distinction of sex, political, religious, or other opinions, by assisting the Local Authorities, Voluntary Organisations and the local inhabitants in the following ways:
- To prevent and relieve poverty;
- To promote the education of people who through their social and economic circumstances are in need and to provide or support schemes where such persons may acquire and develop vocational skills which will enhance their employment prospects, their physical and emotional health and well-being.
- To provide facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation and leisure time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life of those in need, hardship or distress;
- To advance education for public benefit by providing advice and guidance upon questions of unemployment, housing, domestic abuse, safeguarding and social welfare and related topics.
The board of trustees are jointly and severally responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, and financial health, probity of its activities, developing the organisation’s aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines. In addition to your general Trustee responsibilities you will also provide support to the board using your specialist knowledge of health commissioning and the UK health sector as a whole.
Your skills and experience will help the organisation continue delivering its different projects which supports vulnerable socially and economically disadvantaged people to build resilience, improve their wellbeing, make positive choices, and improve their future.
- Understanding of health commissioning
- Understanding and experience of the health sector
- Willingness to actively participate in discussions concerning needs of company’s beneficiaries, staff and the trustee board
- Willingness to act in the best interest of the charity while adhering the Nolan principles of public life
- Sound, independent judgement and ability to think creatively
- Working effectively as a team member and demonstrating a willingness to learn and develop
- Strong intellectual and analytical ability; innovative thinker and ability to focus on issues requiring action
- Experience in the charitable or voluntary sector
- Experience of charity law and governance
The minimum commitment requirement is 21.5 hrs per year made up of one Annual General Meeting, 10 meetings (including steering groups, and task groups) and two strategic planning meetings per year.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please provide your CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's