Trustee with Fundraising and Communications experience
|Job Title:||Trustee with Fundraising and Communications experience|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2018 14:56|
About the organisation
Women and Children First is an international development organisation which addresses poor reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health. The charity provides technical support and assistance to local partners to deliver a World Health Organisation recommended approach which mobilises communities through women's groups and has a proven impact on maternal and newborn mortality rates.
About the role
We have a new CEO and are engaging a strategic review in 2018 to transform the organisation. We want you to be involved in helping to drive these changes and help the organisation to make a real difference in saving the lives of women and children in some of the world's poorest countries.
The Board has identified a gap in fundraising and communications thought leadership, and knowledge and expertise to inform fundraising and communications strategy, which it plans to close by recruiting a trustee with significant experience in this area. The key activities which the new Trustees will support are the development of a fundraising and communications strategy and the provision of occasional practical advice when needed.
What difference will you make?
Since we were established in 2001 we have successfully delivered over 40 international programmes reaching approximately 12,000,000 beneficiaries in 13 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud that in these countries our programmes have expanded health enabling environments – promoting health and wellbeing and saving the lives of more than 6000 women and children.
Funding for Women and Children First’s work has come from a range of sources including the UK government, UNFPA, the UK national lottery, charitable trusts, corporate supporters and individual donors.
Your contribution will help to ensure Women and Children First’s fundraising and communications maximise ROI and grow our unrestricted income through opportunities and audiences including Individual Givers and Major and Corporate Donors.
Please find more information in our Trustee recruitment pack.
- Experience as Head of Fundraising overseeing a range of income streams, or senior level experience in Individual Giving, Major Donor and/or Corporate Fundraising.
- Good working knowledge of digital marketing trends.
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
- A commitment to the organisation.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to conduct the above duties.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgement.
- Strong communicator.
- An ability to think creatively.
- A willingness to speak their mind.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
The Board of Trustees and Fundraising and Communications committee each meet four times per year