Board of Trustees Treasurer
|Job Title:||Board of Trustees Treasurer|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2018 14:56|
We are a charity and social enterprise designing and delivering innovative solutions to social problems.
The Charity has annual turnover of around £300,000 most of which is raised from Charitable Trusts. We also have a wholly owned Conference and Catering Company which generates additional turnover of £400,000 and makes a major contribution to overheads.
St Mary’s is a fascinating charity benefiting a huge range of people. Our biggest project is TimeBuilders which transforms the lives of disadvantaged people. We do this by creating a parallel “economy” of Time Credits to incentivise purposeful work to tackle loneliness, mental illness and boredom.
We work with local people to deliver the following core projects.
- FoodCycle cafés which turn waste food into meals for isolated people. We run 4 cafes each week which serve over 6,000 meals per year. Each week volunteers collect surplus food from retailers and bring it to a community venue where they cook a 3 course meal for isolated local people.
- Growing vegetables in raised beds on waste land in the inner city. We use church yards, and put raised beds in people’s front yards so they can grow their own. This simple intervention creates community between people.
- A community workshop making raised beds and planters from waste pallets and other sources of timber. The workshop makes beds for our gardening projects.
- Family Activity Days for low income families during the school holidays. We run them for one week of the school holidays and around 80 people come to each one.
- Groups developed by members such as walking groups, art classes, exercise classes, table tennis club. In all we have 19 groups led by members which provide essential social contact between people.
- Teaching English to people from other countries
Governance and Management
We have a committed Board of 7 Trustees with experience in business, public sector and community development. We have a full time Director responsible for strategy and income generation and a full time Finance Manager who is highly experienced and competent: providing detailed monthly management accounts, analysis, forecasting and preparing year end accounts for audit.
We are looking for a Treasurer to help maintain our strong financial management and provide expertise to the Trustees on the financial issues of a small, complex and fascinating charity. Meetings are every 2 months with a finance sub committee meeting 3 times per year.
For more details please contact the Director, Graham Duncan. firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's