Chair of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Trustees|
|Job Published:||July 19, 2018 15:12|
About the organisation
Kingston Carers’ Network (KCN) is a local registered charity, providing independent information, advice, advocacy and support to people who care for someone living in the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames. We support carers of all ages, including young carers aged 5 to 18.
We are also committed to ensuring that carers have a stronger voice, and so we offer a range of opportunities for carers to have a say in the way health, social care and carers’ services are run in the borough.
We represent our carers’ views across the borough to ensure that local decision-makers fully consider the needs of carers.
About the role
As Chair you will lead the growth and development of the charity and its board over the next five years. The charity has grown since it began more than ten years ago and has major backers such as Comic Relief and Children in Need. The successful candidate will use their leadership skills to help focus the minds of the board to figure out where the organisation wants to go next. By joining the board as Chair you will also be helping to ensure that the organisation continues to carry out its invaluable work for carers in the community.
If you feel that you could embrace the values of the organisation and share our passion for providing vital support to those who care for someone, then we would love to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Empathy with KCN’s clients –carers who support family members on an unpaid basis across the borough.
- Knowledge of the local area (Kingston on Thames).
- An understanding of the charitable sector as it relates to the provision of local support for both those receiving care and their carers.
- Experience of being a trustee and/or director of a charity board.
- Skills related to the leadership of people within a complex organisation, in either the corporate or charitable sector.
- Expertise gained from chairing group discussions and setting priorities for an experienced and energetic team.
- A strong grasp of the financial constraints and opportunities within which an organisation like KCN has to operate.
- Excellent communications skills with a wide range of audiences.
Please note that you do not need to have experience in all the criteria listed above in order to apply.
2 days per month, including board meetings & ad hoc support. The board meets once every 2 months. KCN are open to being flexible regarding commitment.
How to apply
All applications must be made to Reach in the first instance. To express your interest please send us a CV and a covering letter in which you should indicate; Your interest in working for Kingston Carers Network and refer to any relevant experience, how your experience fits with the role of Chair and your goals and what you would hope to contribute as Chair of KCN.