Treasurer & Trustee for Brand New City Farm Project!
|Job Title:||Treasurer & Trustee for Brand New City Farm Project!|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2018 15:14|
We are a brand-new charity and our goal is to set up a city farm and community garden in Exeter; a thriving and successful community hub in the city; a place of recreation, education and therapy for local people. We want to give local people the opportunity to learn about animals, food, nature and the environment and to create a place where people of all ages and backgrounds can come together, learn and thrive. We will provide a wide range of services, facilities, workshops, activities and events for the whole community.
We have recently established ourselves as a charity and we are looking for someone with financial experience to take on the role of Treasurer for Exeter City Farm. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a new project from the early stages and to have a real input into how the City Farm develops.
We are looking for an experienced Treasurer to be responsible for the financial well-being, strategy and financial administration of the charity and specifically to lead in the Trustees’ duty to ensure that proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are properly controlled and disbursed in line with good governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
You need to be able to attend monthly board meetings in Exeter (third Tuesday of each month, 7pm to 9pm) and to devote some time to setting up the financial systems and records for the charity – as we are just starting out. You will be given assistance in this but we are looking for an experienced Treasurer who has knowledge of managing the finances of a charity, who can use their initiative and experience, be proactive and can take the lead in advising us.
Why chose Exeter City Farm?
- The chance to be involved in an inspirational community project with big ambitions for the future!
- To be part of a small and friendly team.
- To have the freedom to set up processes and systems from scratch and to really create and shape the role as your own from the start.
- To be a source of advice to the other trustees.
- The chance to make a difference and be involved in a creative, dynamic and inspirational project which is just starting out.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a volunteer with experience of financial management at a senior level within an organisation (ideally a charity). The role would be ideal for someone with experience in book-keeping, finance or accounting.
- Financial qualifications and experience.
- Experienced in IT based book keeping packages.
- Computer literate – basic word processing, spread sheets, email and use of internet.
- Commitment to the organisation - prepared to make a regular time commitment to attend meetings and to carry out the necessary tasks.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgement. The ability to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to build good relationships with other trustees, staff and volunteers.
- Willingness to speak their mind and at times make unpopular recommendations to the Board!
- Knowledge of legal and Charity Commission requirements regarding financial issues.
- Commitment to the need for transparency and accountability with charitable funds.
- Understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Able to communicate financial information clearly and effectively to those who are not financially literate.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Committed to the aims and values of the charity.
Ideally to have previous experience of working with Trustees.
For further information please visit our website www.exetercityfarm.org.uk.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's