|Job Published:||May 18, 2018 15:14|
SafeLives is about to embark on the next phase of its development and seeks to appoint new Trustees to join our Board to help guide our work. In the coming years, the charity expects to develop both in terms of the breadth of the work it undertakes and in how it delivers its services.
SafeLives are looking for individuals with:
• Strong professional networks at a senior level based on current or recently-held position.
• A strong understanding of diversity issues.
• Significant governance experience.
• Strong communication skills. •
Experience of developing and implementing strategy and partnership work. • Strong relationship building skills.
• Personal qualities of integrity and a commitment to improving the lives of everyone impacted by domestic abuse.
• Readiness to develop a strong understanding of domestic abuse and closely linked issues.
• Committed to SafeLives’ aims and approach to addressing domestic abuse and wider safeguarding issues.
Trustees are sought with experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Senior professional and strategic leadership experience in safeguarding - within a charity, Family Courts, healthcare environment or local government. This individual will have child and adult safeguarding experience, ideally.
• Healthcare expertise, including public health and mental health.
• Executive of a third sector organisation with understanding of the funding and commissioning environment
• Experience of working in a commercial organisation with a primary or substantial focus on tech and digital
• Local public sector delivery, as a leader in a local authority or statutory agency.