|Job Title:||Marketing Trustee|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2018 14:56|
We are seeking a Marketing Professional with experience in the Charity Sector to join our board. The successful candidate will help to broaden awareness of the charity’s values and priorities; and increase its visibility across North Somerset. It is an exciting time to join NSPF.
Given that we achieved our three year strategy earlier than anticipated we are currently focussing on volunteer recruitment and retention. We will be devising a new strategic plan in September/October which the successful candidate will play an important role in.
By joining the board at NSPF you will be part of an inclusive and user-led organisation. Your support will help enable us to grow and continue to provide the invaluable support we give to those with learning disabilities across North Somerset.
Main responsibilities of the Marketing Trustee
- Develop market position and brand of the charity to a variety of audiences in order to enable it to fulfil its mission and aims.
- Help to create a marketing/public relations strategy.
- Work with the trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and help to define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Oversee the ongoing development of the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy in conjunction with management and the board.
- Serve as communications spokesperson on behalf of the trustees when required.
- Oversee the implementation of the marketing and communications strategy.
- Marketing expertise within the charity sector.
- Experience of the strategic use of social media as an effective communication mechanism to support services and activities.
- Application of marketing strategy to charitable/not for profit organisations.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
- The board arranges to meet every month, however if there are no pressing matters then they sometimes meet on a bi-monthly basis.
- Meetings last 2 hours.
- Board meetings are held at our office in Weston-super-Mare.
- A DBS check will be carried out for the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information. Applications must be emailed to TrusteeWorks.