Chair of Strategic Development Board
|Job Title:||Chair of Strategic Development Board|
|Job Published:||December 19, 2018 15:58|
About the role
Children's centres improve outcomes for young children and their families and reduce inequalities, particularly for those families in greatest need of support.
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Chair for the Camberwell & Dulwich locality and the Peckhamm, Nunhead & Peckham Rye locality boards’ and any relevant cross-boundary work. The Chair will help to ensure that Children’s Centres based in these localities continue to achieve the targets and objectives required. This role will help us to continue giving local parents and children the greatest chances in life. If you feel you could share our passion, embrace our values and help to lead us through an exciting stage of growth and development, we would love to hear from you.
The purpose of the Strategic Development Board
The purpose of the Strategic Development Board is to provide strong and supportive strategic guidance to the children’s centres within the locality. The effectiveness of the board is reliant on meaningful multi-agency and parent partnerships that embed a cross sector approach to service design. This will result in planning and delivery of consistent, co-ordinated services and interventions across the borough.
The board will help develop a strategic vision, set ambitious targets, as well as plan for effective multi-agency resource allocation. The board will have a monitoring and scrutiny function and will focus on ensuring high quality and continuing progress.
There is a Strategic Development Board (SDB) to cover the four localities in Southwark, which are;
- Camberwell and Dulwich locality (currently seeking a Chair)
- Peckham and Nunhead & Peckham Rye locality (currently seeking a Chair)
- Bermondsey and Rotherhithe locality
- Borough & Bankside and Walworth locality
How it works
- Each Board is subject to a Memorandum of Understanding with the Funding Recipient; that outlines roles, responsibilities and any delegated functions.
- The Board has a Terms of Reference in place and provides appropriate support/training to members.
- The SDB has responsibility for delivering agreed regular reports to the Board of the Funding Recipient to ensure they are fully informed of all aspects of performance as well as any safeguarding issues.
- A knowledge of and commitment to the work of the Children’s Centres based in the locality
- Experience of multi-agency working
- Previous Chair experience
- Good meeting and presentation skills
- Supportive and confident leadership style
- Understanding of the voluntary sector, governance of a charity and charity law.
- Ability to be strategic
- Excellent communicator with the ability to consult effectively with trustees, volunteers, staff, delivery partners and service users.
- Ability and willingness to devote time and effort to the organisation.
The board meets 3/4 times a year. In addition to board meetings you will also need to attend a Strategic Development Overview Board (partnership board) which meets 2-3 times a year.
How to apply
All applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. The application process includes both CV and cover letter. Your covering letter should state why you are interested in the role, how your skills will add value to the board and any other relevant information. Please also state whether you are interested in the Chair role with Camberwell & Dulwich locality or the Peckham, Nunhead & Peckham Rye locality. If you have no preference then please state this also.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's