Board Trustee (Finance Lead / Treasurer)
|Job Title:||Board Trustee (Finance Lead / Treasurer)|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2018 14:56|
About My Life Films
My Life Films is an award-winning charity that uses filmmaking to improve the lives of people living with dementia. In 2016 it won the Charity Start-up of the Year Award and the Outstanding Dementia Care Product of the Year Award for its film package, which celebrates the life of someone living with dementia.
My Life Films is seeking an experienced, qualified accountant to join the Board of Trustees and act as the charity’s Treasurer and lead on financial oversight, reporting and governance matters.
This trustee will help review and steer the structuring of quarterly management accounts, annual reports, financial processes and forecasting. These are produced by the Chief Executive and volunteer accountant with the annual report subject to an independent review and finalisation by an external accounting firm.
About the Board
The Board of Trustees is the governing body of My Life Films and is ultimately accountable for everything it does. The Trustees must act in the best interests of the charity and its beneficiaries and exercise a duty of care as a prudent person of business would.
The fundamental role of the Trustee is to ensure that the organisation is well managed and to ensure that the day to day management and operational matters are delegated as appropriate within the My Life Film team.
The single main purpose for the Board is to provide strategic direction to the organisation.
It is the duty of the Board of Trustees to safeguard the long-term future of the organisation and deal with governance matters. Governance is about ensuring that My Life Films has a clear, shared vision of its purpose, clarity on what it is aiming to achieve and how it will go about doing it.
The main role of the Trustees is:
- To determine My Life Film’s mission and purpose
- To develop and agree its strategic plan
- To develop and agree its policies
- To uphold its ethos and values
- To ensure that all its activities are within the law
- To ensure accountability as required by law and to others such as employees, volunteers, beneficiaries, donors etc
- To ensure that My Life Film has adequate resources
- To ensure that its property, assets and resources are managed effectively
- To agree the overall budget and monitor overall financial performance
- To monitor My Life Films’ reserves and accumulated funds
Expertise for this role
- Leadership and management experience
- Financial Management
- Medical / Healthcare Expertise
- Media Strategy & Communications
- Content & Marketing
- Charity Law
- Fundraising, working with Grant Funders and Foundations
Please submit a covering letter and CV by 5pm on Thursday 31st May to apply for this role. Interviews will be held in June.