|Job Published:||May 18, 2018 15:14|
‘Be an inspiring advocate for 10:10 Climate Action, the positive, practical climate change charity.’
Leo Murray, director of campaigns
Hi, we’re 10:10 Climate Action – we bring people together to do bold, beautiful things that help tackle climate change.
Are you passionate about tackling climate change? Do you have skills, contacts, time or perspectives that you’d like to contribute to getting more people than ever thinking, talking and acting on carbon emissions? As a trustee at 10:10 you would provide ongoing strategic direction, critical challenge and helping hands to ensure 10:10 has the biggest impact possible.
We are looking for trustees with specific expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Finance/business experience to fulfil the treasurer position.
- Campaigns experience.
- Connections to potential individual or corporate donors.
You should be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- You should be an energetic and informed advocate for 10:10 Climate Action – you share our energy and positivity.
- You're willing to devote time, enthusiasm and effort to the duties and responsibilities of being a trustee.
- You have great strategic insight.
- You have independent judgement and willingness to challenge.
- You are committed to the ethos and values of the organisation.
- You have the ability to powerfully articulate the importance of 10:10's work in your own words and connect it to the big picture (desirable).
- You have experience of being a charity trustee (desirable).
We value diversity whilst also acknowledging that people from certain backgrounds are underrepresented in our organisation. We are keen to correct this, so particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic people; people who identify as having a disability; people from the LGBT+ community; and people who identify as working class (or have done in the past).
Here at 10:10, we have a vision for a low carbon Britain that has been built by, and belongs to, everybody.
To get there, we dream up projects, build tools and spread success stories to make sure everyone has the help and inspiration they need to play a role in tackling climate change. Our work cuts carbon, but because we work on the cultural as well as technical level, we get people talking about climate change action too. We want our projects to be infectious, so it is always about more than just a solar panel here, or an LED there - it’s about groups of people working together to change the world.
As an organisation, we’re also committed to our culture. Organisational culture away days keep our values and principles alive and we work together to keep our team as supported, empowered and cared for as possible. We’re run by a team of directors rather than one single CEO, and we’re committed to reducing hierarchy wherever possible.
How to apply
Please send a CV, covering letter to email@example.com and ensure that you include ‘10:10 trustee’ in the subject line. Make sure you explain your suitability for the role and your affinity for the work of the organisation. We’d also be grateful if you could fill in an equal opportunities form.
Deadline: 9am on 21 May 2018
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's