|Job Published:||March 28, 2018 14:56|
The context of this role
Solidarity Sports (SS) is a charity that nurtures the confidence of disadvantaged through healthy lifestyle projects. We believe in the children we work with and will never give up on them.
The purpose of this post
The Treasurer has a watchdog role over all aspects of financial management, working closely with other members of the Management Committee to safeguard the organisation's finances.
Working with the Director to:
- Produce budgets, management accounts, forecasts and financial statements, as required, for review and approval by the Board
- Maintaining sound financial management of the charity’s resources
- Produce and arrange annual accounts to be independently examined and submitted to the charity commission on time (before November 30) every year
- Oversee and ensure that proper accounts and records are kept and that financial resources are spent and invested in line with the charity’s policies, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements
- Support in the implementation and monitoring of specific financial controls and systems are in place and adhered to
- Contribute to the fundraising strategy of SS and advise on its financial viability
- Monitor compliance with reserves policy on at least a half yearly basis
- Advise on the financial implications of SS’s strategic plan
- Liaise with and support, where applicable, the financial activities of SS
- To have commitment to SS, its values and ethos at all times