Terms & Conditions
1.1 This website is owned and operated by the ICAEW and is made available to you on acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth below (the "Terms"). By accessing any part of the site and services you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms in full.
Icaewvolunteers.com is part of the ICAEW, which acts to provide an extended service to its members and the wider accountancy community. Members of the ICAEW will be encouraged to register with the volunteering service; however icaewvolunteers.com will not be providing any potential Organisation with access to membership information or the ability to harness this information.
1.3 By using the Website you agree you will not attempt to take any action or use any software, device or routine (including but not limited to uploading or making available files containing corrupt data, viruses, virus, cancelbot, Trojan horse or worms) to damage, crash, delay, or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Website.
1.4 These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
2.1 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all materials on the Website, including but not limited to photographs and graphical images, the database, and the organisation and layout of the Website is owned by the ICAEW. Use of the Website does not give you any propriety rights in such materials.
2.2 The sole function of the Website is to provide information and services to aid potential volunteers (the "Volunteers") in their search for volunteering opportunities, and provide potential organisations (including, but not limited to, charities, community groups, schools and social enterprises who meet the standards of the social enterprise mark (www.socialenterprisemark.org.uk). ("Organisations") access to Volunteers. You may use, print and download extracts from this site or emails you have received from us for these purposes only and on the following basis:
· use of all material/or the content of emails you receive is for information purposes and non commercial use only; any copies of these pages saved to disk or to any other storage medium or device may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use;
· no materials on the Website are modified in any way;
· no graphics on the Website are used separately from accompanying text; and icaewvolunteers.com copyright notice and this permission notice appear on all copies
2.3 No part of the Website or any emails you receive may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without icaewvolunteers.com’s prior written permission.
2.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
3. SERVICE ACCESS
3.1 Whilst icaewvolunteers.com shall use its reasonable endeavors to ensure that the Website is available 24 hours a day, icaewvolunteers.com will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
3.2 Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in a number of circumstances including but not limited to system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the control of icaewvolunteers.com. We may, additionally, alter the design and specifications of the Website at any time.
4.1 The information contained on the Website or in emails we send is to provide Volunteers with volunteering opportunities and information and Organisations access to Volunteers. You should neither act, nor refrain from action, on the basis of any such information which is for guidance only. You should take appropriate professional advice on your particular circumstances because the application of laws and regulations will vary depending on particular circumstances and because laws and regulations undergo frequent change.
4.2 Whilst icaewvolunteers.com shall use its reasonable endeavors to ensure that the information on the Website and in emails is correct, icaewvolunteers.com shall not be liable for any errors, omissions or inaccuracy or any loss or damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business, data, revenue, savings or loss of profits or any special or consequential loss) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the Website, or any information contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Website or any such information to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. In any event, you agree that icaewvolunteers.com's aggregate liability for damages shall be £10,000.
4.3 The Website or emails may contain material submitted to icaewvolunteers.com by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Website complies with international and national law. Icaewvolunteers.com will not be responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in the material submitted by third parties and reserves the right to omit, suspend or change any material submitted. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named on the Website are at your sole risk and responsibility.
4.4 Likewise, CVs, profiles and role advertisements contained on the Website are provided by Volunteers and Organisations and are not reviewed by us. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of CVs and advertisements and expect Volunteers and Organisations to carry out such verification procedures as are customary and prudent in the circumstances.
4.5 Service and information provided on the site by icaewvolunteers.com and third parties are intended to assist Volunteers in volunteering. Neither icaewvolunteers.com nor third parties can guarantee their suitability or prospects in any particular case. Volunteers should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the Website in circumstances which may result in loss or damage.
4.6 Icaewvolunteers.com accepts no responsibility for the availability or content on any site to which a hypertext link from the Website or any ICAEW/icaewvolunteers.com email exists. The links are provided on an "as is" basis and icaewvolunteers.com makes no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
5.1 Volunteers are termed as individuals seeking volunteering opportunities and advice. The services provided by icaewvolunteers.com for volunteers are free to use. At no point will we ask a payment from you, nor seek any credit card details or other payment details.
5.2 Registration: Volunteers are able to register at the Website and by doing so you acknowledge that you have accepted these Terms and Conditions. You also agree that you have provided icaewvolunteers.com with accurate registration information and it is your responsibility to update any changes to that information.
5.3 Username and Password: Each registration is for a single user only. On registering, volunteers will be asked to provide their e-mail address and create a password. Their e-mail address and password then become the Volunteers’ login details needed to access their Volunteer’s account on the Website. Volunteers are responsible for all use of the services provided by icaewvolunteers.com using their login details and for preventing any unauthorised use of your login details.
5.4 Applying to a role advertisement: Volunteers must register and complete their profile before they can apply for role adverts displayed on the Website. Once the profile is completed Volunteers can choose whether they want their profile (and CV if they have uploaded one) to be made searchable via Organisations vis the profile and CV database. This choice is made by ticking the relevant options during the process of applying for a role.
5.5 Unauthorised use of Login details: If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of your Login details, you must notify us immediately. If we reasonably believe that your Login details are being used in any way which is not permitted by the Terms, we reserve the right to suspend access rights immediately on giving notice to you and to block access from your Login details until the issue has been resolved.
5.6 Uploading CVs: Volunteers will have the option of uploading their CV or other supporting documentation when completing their profile.
6. TERMS OF BUSINESS
In this following clause, the following terms will have the meaning provided below:
- a. ‘Customer’ means any person, company, organisation or form which obtains Services from us.
- b. ‘Order Form’ means an order for Services on a from provided by us (in any format) and signed by a Customer;
- c. ‘Services’ means, all recruitment products and services made available by us;
- d. ‘Job Credit/s’ mean the unit of "volunteer postings" a Customer can purchase.
- e. ‘Contract Month’ means the calendar month commencing on the start date specified in the Order Form and ending the day before the same date in the next calendar month. For example, the calendar month commencing on 15 June and ending 14 July. All volunteer postings will expire at the end of the agreed period.
- f. ‘Contract Term’ means the full term specified on the Order Form and the length of time Services are provided.
6.1 Role adverts are obtained on a Role Credit ("Role Posting") basis. One Role Credit is for a volunteer posting that can be displayed for 12 weeks. A single volunteer posting is identified by its unique identification (ID) number. The Customer can choose to display a volunteering advert for a shorter duration; This information is displayed when uploading a role to the Website. Once a Customer has used up all their job credits, they will be unable to upload any further role and should contact icaewvolunteers.com to obtain more role credits.
If any Service is to be used within a time set time period as specified on the Order Form and are not used within that time period they may not be carried over into any subsequent period without icaewvolunteers.com’s prior consent.
6.2 Icaewvolunteers.com may immediately terminate Services to a Customer by giving the Customer written notice if the Customer does anything which in the reasonable opinion of icaewvolunteers.com could damage the reputation of the Website, or otherwise bring icaewvolunteers.com.com and the ICAEW into disrepute.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Our total liability to the Customer in respect of any Services, expect for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, is limited to the total amount paid to us during the Contract Term for such Services or £10,000 whichever is the greater.
8. ROLE ADVERTISING
8.1 Access to upload role adverts will be given after confirmation by the Organisations that they operate on a not-for-profit basis, this includes social enterprises who meet the standards of the social enterprise mark (www.socialenterprisemark.org.uk). Organisations will not need to provide proof of being a not-for-profit organisation, but ICAEW reserves the right to suspend an organisation until such proof has been supplied upon request. Icaewvolunteers.com is not available to for profit organisations with the exception of Social Enterprises. It is then the responsibility of the Organisation to upload and manage their role adverts.
8.2 Services Provided: Volunteers and Organisations need to be aware that ICAEWvolunteers.com operates as a platform to aid the volunteering process only and does not seek to introduce or supply Volunteers to Organisations or vice versa. Icaewvolunteers.com does not screen any applications, profiles or CVs to determine any Volunteer’s suitability for a role.
To the extent that The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 apply to any of the services, if at all, it is recommended that if you are a Volunteer you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for a role vacancy, if you are an Organisation, ensure a Volunteer’s suitability for the vacancy.
9. SITE RULES
Icaewvolunteers.com has rules regarding the content and format of role adverts posted on the Website. The purpose of these rules is to ensure that users who search the site or the icaewvolunteers.com database bring up results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. By using the Website you agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from icaewolunteers.com any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
The rules are:
· No posting of any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not your own accurate resume.
· No posting of adverts for paid roles
· No posting by for-profit organisations (unless it is a social enterprise meeting the terms of the social enterprise mark www.socialenterprisemark.org.uk)
· No posting of duplicate roles by directly copying other adverts.
· No deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity.
· All role adverts placed on icaewvolunteers.com must be for genuine volunteering opportunities only.
· No gratuitous use of keywords in any role description or titles. Gratuitous means deliberately inserting words, or strings of words, or repeating titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
· No uploading of any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, and vulgar or materials which infringe or violate any third party’s copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy or other proprietary or property rights or that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
· No impersonation of any person or entity, including without limitation a icaewvolunteers.com employee or agent or an authorised user of icaewvolunteers.com Services, a Volunteer, an Organisation, or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity.
· No posting or uploading of opinions, notice or advertisement, commercial or otherwise or the solicitation of business from Organisations who post on the Website, including any solicitation by any of our competitors of Recruiters or Employers who post on the Website.
10. USE OF THE VOLUNTEER DATABASE
10.1 Access to the volunteer database will be given on confirmation to Organisations that operate on a not-for-profit basis this includes social enterprises who meets the standards of the social enterprise mark www.socialenterprisemark.org.uk. Organisations will not need to provide proof of being a not-for-profit organisation or a social enterprise, but ICAEW reserves the right to suspend an organisation until such proof has been supplied upon request. It is then the responsibility of the Organisation to manage their use of the database and keep their login details confidential. Icaewvolunteers.com may deny access to login details if we reasonably believe that they are being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is in breach of these terms and conditions.
As icaewvolunteers.com acts as a platform to display Volunteer profiles, Organisations need to be aware that icaewvolunteers.com does not screen these profiles in any way and is not responsible for determining a Volunteer’s suitability for a role. It must also be noted that any searching or screening tools provided by icaewvolunteers.com for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular Volunteer or advertised role are to assist Organisations in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
10.2 Rights in the database: Database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the Candidate database belong to icaewvolunteers.com. By accepting these terms you acknowledge that you do not acquire any rights in the database or its content and that your retention and use of the database and its content is governed by these terms and conditions.
10.3 Use of the database: By using icaewvolunteers.com’s candidate database you agree to only use it to aid your search for suitable Volunteers for your voluntary roles. You agree to deal fairly and professionally with Volunteers from the database and to not do anything which may bring icaewvolunteers.com or the ICAEW into disrepute. You will indemnify icaewvolunteers.com from and against any claim brought by a Volunteer against icaewvolunteers.com arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
Information about Volunteers gathered from the database should be used in connection with your own recruitment of volunteers and to help determine their suitability for roles.
Any personal information released (such as Volunteer contact details) should be used for the purpose of contacting them only.
You may not:
· Copy or sell any material contained in the database to any other person (including another member of your group of companies/organisations)
· Download the database through any automated means (e.g."scraping”).
· Use the information gathered from the database to contact Volunteers for any other means than aiding your search for suitable Volunteers for your volunteering roles. You must, at all times, comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all subsequent legislation and regulations.