Advance is seeking a Treasurer! Help us to save and change the lives of domestic abuse survivors
Advance charity is seeking a new Treasurer!
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of women and children?
Do you have financial expertise and the ability to brief others on the financial picture leading to strong and effective governance of a medium-sized charity?
Then read on and apply!
Advance is a nationally recognised women’s charity based in London working to support and empower women experiencing domestic abuse to be safe and those with short-term sentences to reduce re-offending and stop families breaking-up. Established in 1998, we provide practical and emotional support to women and their children, through services based at our Hammersmith offices and at co-located offices across over 20 London boroughs. We work in partnership with agencies in a coordinated community response, including local authorities, Family and Children’s Services, the Police, Probation Services, Magistrates and Crown Courts and other service providers.
We have just undergone a significant period of growth, and our staff team now includes over 70 skilled and passionate women across our programmes.
This is an exciting opportunity for a treasurer to join our experienced and committed board of trustees. You will join a committed and skilled group of 12 Trustees and have an interview and induction from the Chief Executive, the Chair and other board members.
You will be a qualified accountant, ideally with some experience in the charity sector. You will have the financial skills to support the following:
· Overseeing the budget, audit and annual accounts with our CEO and Finance Manager
· Member of the Business Development and Finance Committee, which reports back to the board
· Assessing the financial policies and risks to the organisation and making recommendations to the board and CEO
· Supporting the CEO and Chair with financial decisions and their implications
Together with the Board you will be responsible for the governance, strategic direction and sustainability of the organisation alongside a highly committed and welcoming team.
This is a voluntary, unpaid appointment, although reasonable travel expenses will be paid.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity, and strongly encourages applications from women and men with disabilities, from BME background and the LGBT community.
Advance is a registered charity (Number 1086873)
Closing date for applications: 28 May 2018
Interviews: 5 June 2018
More roles like this
- Evenings Treasury Youth Board and committee roles in London (Greater)
- Evenings Treasury Youth Committee member roles in London (Greater)
- Evenings Treasury Youth Trustee/board member roles in London (Greater)
- Evenings Treasury Youth Finance roles in London (Greater)
- Evenings Treasury Youth Treasurer roles in London (Greater)