Trustee / Advisory board Member
WHAT WE DO:
We are on a mission to revolutionise education!
Beyond the Classroom is a youth led, education social enterprise. We deliver innovative life-skills programmes to young people, with an emphasis on the performing arts, youth leadership and peer mentoring. We share our learning with local and national decision makers in order to influence policy.
Our programmes equip young people with the knowledge and tools they need to be leaders in their own lives, schools and communities. Our work is in no way exclusive. However, we currently have a focus on supporting young women from low-income, BAME and challenging backgrounds, aged 11 to 19.
- Children from state schools are 30% less likely to attend the best universities, irrespective of academic attainment (Sutton Trust).
- Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) is inadequate in 40% of state schools (Ofsted)
- 7% of UK students attend independent schools, but the privately educated account for 50% of top-level roles in most professions (Sutton Trust).
- Better educational outcomes for poorer children, would increase GDP by £56bn per year by 2050 (Fair Education Alliance).
- Looking for an exciting social sector organisation to share your skills and expertise with?
- Passionate about social and community development, but committed fulltime to your career?
- Willing to spare a few hours a month helping to grow and develop our social impact & business model?
We are looking for professionals keen to share their skills, knowledge, networks and expertise with our small team to help us grow, learn and develop.
Passion and commitment are at the top of our wish list, but we are also looking for expertise in the following areas;
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Development
- Partnership Development & Stakeholder Management
WHO’S ALREADY IN?
We currently have some exceptional minds on our advisory board including, a Google Education professional and a Relationship Manager from Bloomberg. We’re hoping to expand our network with like-minded professionals who complement the skills, talents and drive of our existing team.
We are in the process of restructuring our advisory board, it is therefore difficult to specify the exact commitment required from our members. However, we endeavour to be flexible and do expect involvement to range from one hour to one day per month. At this stage in the board’s development, we simply seek your interest and enthusiasm!
In the coming months as we seek to obtain charity status we hope some of our advisory board members will progress into more formal roles as directors and trustees.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN US?
If you would like to register your interest in working with us, please email us brief responses to the following questions;
- What attracted you to the prospect of joining the Beyond the Classroom advisory board?
- What do you hope to gain from this opportunity?
- What skills and expertise would you like to offer?
We'd be most grateful if you could also attach a recent CV to your email.
More roles like this
- Weekends Treasury Youth Board and committee roles in London (Greater)
- Weekends Treasury Youth Committee member roles in London (Greater)
- Weekends Treasury Youth Trustee/board member roles in London (Greater)
- Weekends Treasury Youth Finance roles in London (Greater)
- Weekends Treasury Youth Accountant roles in London (Greater)