Trustee with Social Care/Commissioning Experience
Reach Volunteering are working with Hollywell Housing Trust in the recruitment of a Trustee with social care and commissioning experience to join their Board. Hollywell Housing Trust is a charity and social enterprise set up to offer a bespoke housing and tenancy management service for people with learning disabilities and autism who might otherwise not be able to access a sustainable home or manage a tenancy alone.
We are not like a traditional housing association with a stock of housing to fill, we start with the individual and look at what THEY want and need before sourcing and securing the right property for them in the private rented sector. Hollywell takes a tenancy directly with the landlord and provides the vulnerable person with the housing related support and tenancy management they need to ensure that they are able to sustain their tenancy.
About the role
Hollywell Housing Trust has experienced significant growth since its inception in 2014 and is expecting a turnover of around £500k this year. Therefore, we want to ensure that we have robust governance in place. The role of Trustee with social care and commissioning experience will play a crucial role is helping the organisation to grow and increase our impact.
By joining the board at Hollywell Housing Trust you will be part of a growing, innovative and award winning organisation. Providing your social care expertise will help enable us to provide the best support possible to those with learning disabilities and autism across Devon and Cornwall.
- Significant experience in the social care industry in Devon and/or Cornwall, ideally in respect of local authority commissioning and strategy around learning disability or other vulnerable client groups.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Willing and able to devote the necessary time and effort to the oversight and work of the organisation.
- Experience around housing strategy in relation to vulnerable client groups
The Board meets 4 times a year, once a quarter. In addition to board meetings there is also an annual Strategy Day
Board meetings are held at the organisation’s premises: Unit 21, Basepoint Business Centre, Yeoford Way, Marsh Barton, Exeter, EX2 8LB
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.