Trustee with Theatre Experience
Reach Volunteering is working with Proper Job Theatre Company, based in Huddersfield, in recruiting a new trustee with experience in touring theatre production and developing networks.
About the organisation
Proper Job Theatre Company is a theatre company based in the North of England creating and touring new work, producing large-scale theatre events, whilst supporting and nurturing individuals from the local community and across Yorkshire and the North West through their unique LAB Project.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing theatre audiences, can help develop new relationships with venues, expand our current geographical scope, take our tours to other regions in the UK and grow the reputation of the Company.
About the role
This is a great role for someone who would like to make a difference in the performance arts in the north of England and contribute with their expertise and networks to help our theatre company take our tours nationwide and grow our reputation as a theatre company.
- Assist the Board and organisation with a fresh perspective to plans and strategy for expansion
- Support the organisation’s current activities and identify potential for development
- Ensure collaboration with third parties is beneficial to the organisation
- Develop and cultivate good relationships with external venues and facilitators
- Help the organisation grow its reputation nationwide
- Someone with knowledge, experience and/or business development background in the theatre
- An understanding of the challenges facing small arts charities
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, Companies House requirements, relevant legislations and statutory requirements
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies and companies
- Experience of working with touring theatre companies
- Knowledge of who is who in the performance arts circuit in the UK
What impact will the opportunity have?
This role will have a great impact on the organisation's ability to grow its reputation and contribute significantly to our ambitious plans to take our tours to other regions in the UK.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You will be a part of an organisation where we are all passionate about continuously developing projects that excite us, fire our curiosity and expand our imagination.
You will help us continue our work and want to use collective experience and networks to make a difference in these challenging times.
- You will be required to commit to four Trustee Board meetings a year plus offering guidance in your area of expertise when necessary, usually one conversation with the CEO every 6 weeks
- You may also be a sub-committee member and attend specific meetings
- An informal one to one meeting with the director once a year
How to apply
Application is by CV and cover letter which should state why you wish to work with the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information. Please send your application to the TrusteeWorks team.