Sea Watch Foundation Board Opportunity - Treasurer Trustee
This a voluntary role and the Treasurer, who will also be a trustee, will oversee the financial matters of the charity in line with legal requirements, good practice and in accordance with the Charity’s governing document and report to the board of trustees, periodically, about the financial health of the organisation. The Treasurer will ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are maintained and that they are appropriate for the charity.
Specifically, the treasurer will take the lead at board level on:
- making sure the charity keeps proper accounts
- reviewing the charity’s financial performance
- drawing up or reviewing policies for finance and investment
- ensuring that the charity has robust and effective financial controls in place
- liaising with the charity’s independent accountant
The majority of the work of the Board of Trustees is done in a virtual sense, through use of telephone and e-mail. The Board of Trustees meet 3 times a year, once in April/May at New Quay, Wales and twice at locations in the UK agreed by the trustees, typically Oxford.
For further information about the position please contact:
Trustee - Sea Watch Foundation
Tel: 01437 891465 / 0778 608 4221