Do you want to make a difference?
CHSW exists to make the most of short and precious lives and puts children and families at the centre of all it does and our vision is to:
- Provide the highest level of care, clinical expertise and enrichment opportunities for children who are expected to die in childhood and to make the most positive difference to those children and their families in the South West who need it
- Provide holistic care which meets the needs of all family members
- Maximise our service to as many families as possible in ways they want and in partnerships with others
- Promote the needs of children with life-limiting conditions both regionally and nationally
- Share our expertise widely through the provision of education
The role of Treasurer will lead on all financial accounting matters on behalf of the board whilst working alongside the charity’s Chair of Finance, Investment and Retail Sub Committee and Director of Finance. The position would suit a qualified accountant with extensive financial management and strategic planning experience at a board level of a similar or larger sized organisation.
Ultimately we are looking for a trustee who shares our passion for meeting the needs of the children and families we serve and will play their part, alongside the existing trustee and senior management team, in delivering our vision.
The time commitment is around 10-12 days a year, including six board meetings, other sub-groups, individual involvement, reading and travelling time. It is expected that trustees will travel across the South West, for which appropriate expenses will be paid.
If you think you are the person we are looking for and would like to find out more about playing a part in making the most of short and precious lives in the South West, please visit the jobs section of our website www.chsw.org.uk