Akademi, the UK’s leading producer of South Asian dance, is recruiting a new board member to act as Honorary Treasurer and chair of the Finance and General Purposes Committee. The role provides board-level oversight of the charity’s finances and ensures detailed scrutiny of financial, legal, HR and other strategic and operational matters.
The new trustee will join the charity at an exciting time as Akademi approaches its 40th anniversary in 2019 with an ambitious artistic programme.
We are seeking an exceptional individual with strong knowledge and experience of charity finance (ideally a qualified accountant), strategic vision and an ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the board and other stakeholders. Candidates should be passionate about the arts and be willing to commit to attending four board meetings and four sub-committee meetings per year.
Meetings are held in central or North London, usually at 6pm.
This is a voluntary role, but reasonable out-of-pocket expenses can be covered.
To find out more, download the recruitment pack at akademi.co.uk/vacancies
Deadline for applications – Monday 23 October 2017 at noon.
More roles like this
- Evenings Treasury Arts & Culture Board and committee roles in United Kingdom
- Evenings Treasury Arts & Culture Committee member roles in United Kingdom
- Evenings Treasury Arts & Culture Trustee/board member roles in United Kingdom
- Evenings Treasury Arts & Culture Finance roles in United Kingdom
- Evenings Treasury Arts & Culture Treasurer roles in United Kingdom