GP & Hospital Outreach Volunteer
GP & HOSPITAL OUTREACH VOLUNTEERS WANTED
Do enjoy meeting new people? Are you committed to improving services for carers?
We are looking for GP/Hospital Outreach Volunteers who can commit to attending regularly on agreed days and times into a GP Surgery or Hospital. The aim is providing information on our services, identifying informal carers and signposting them to Barnet Carers Centre.
Working closely with our Outreach Officer, you will be responsible for speaking to individuals at GP or Hospitals within the Borough of Barnet, to promote the work of the Centre and to help identify unpaid, informal carers within the community who may benefit from the advocacy, support and advice of the Centre.
Here’s what we think could be beneficial qualities for this particular role:
- Confidence in speaking to individuals.
- Friendly, reliable, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Knowledge and willingness to learn about issues affecting carers.
- Ability to listen to questions and to answer appropriately.
- Happy to work with a wide range of people.
- To be fully conversant and promote the work of Banet Carers Centre.
- Observe confidentiality.
We would provide induction and training, as well as a DBS check. Travel expenses will be covered.