The Tiny Lives Trust is seeking a Treasurer to play an active role in helping us to support premature babies and their families at one of the most critical times of their lives.
Tiny Lives is a fundraising and grant making charity that support families from across the North East and Cumbria who spend time on the Neonatal Ward at the Royal Victoria Infirmary.
You will be willing to play an active role on our Board of Trustees, work with the Head of Tiny Lives, and provide support to our Finance Officer. Our Board of six lay and six clinical trustees meet quarterly in Newcastle upon Tyne and we ask our trustees to be ambassadors for our work and occasionally attend fundraising and other events.
We are particularly interested in people who bring proven experience of charity finance, an understanding of fundraising and grant-making. Experience in capital project development and service commissioning would be advantageous. The main responsibilities and duties of the Treasurer are outlined below.
If you are passionate about the difference we make to babies and their families, we would very much like to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are particularly interested in a trustee role with Tiny Lives, plus your experience and suitability for the role of Treasurer, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th September 2017.
The Tiny Lives Trust - Trustee & Treasurer
The Treasurer will oversee the financial matters of the Charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements and report to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the Charity.
The Treasurer will ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place, and are appropriate for the charity.
To oversee, and present budgets, accounts, management accounts and financial statements to the Board.
To ensure that proper accounts and records are kept, ensuring financial resources are spent and invested in line with Charity policy, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
To be instrumental in the development and implementation of financial, reserves and investment policies
- Liaising, where applicable, with the Chairperson of the Board and any appropriate member of staff
- Responsible for the financial activities of the organisation.
- Chairing any finance committee in line with standing orders and terms of reference, and
- Reporting back to the Board of Trustees.
- Liaising with the auditors or independent examiner, where appropriate.
- Monitoring and advising on the financial viability of the Charity after liaising with the auditors.
- Creating sound financial instruments for the control of Charity assets.
- Implementing and monitoring specific financial controls and systems are in place accordingly and adhered to.
- Advising on the financial implications of the strategic or business plan.
- Acting as a counter-signatory on cheques (including any electronic transactions) where agreed and any applications for funds.
- Maintaining sound financial management of the Charity resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the charity’s objects.
- Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the organisation.
The person appointed to the role of Treasurer will have:
- Demonstrable experience of managing charity finance, although will not be required to have any specific financial qualifications
- Ability to oversee the bookkeeping role identifying any issues or problems
- Ability to read and analyse accounts and financial forecasts and advise the Board on these
- A commitment to the role of Treasurer and be able to commit adequate time to fulfilling the responsibilities of the role
More roles like this
- Evenings Strategic planning/development Health/Medical Board and committee roles in Durham
- Evenings Strategic planning/development Health/Medical Trustee/board member roles in Durham
- Evenings Strategic planning/development Health/Medical Finance roles in Durham
- Evenings Strategic planning/development Health/Medical Treasurer roles in Durham