In addition to the general responsibilities of a Trustee of a charitable Trust, the Treasurer will lead the Trust on:
- ensuring the Trust keeps proper accounts
- reviewing the Trust’s financial performance
- liaising with staff at Charis over the production of quarterly finance reports and presentation of these reports to the Board
- drawing up and / or reviewing policies for finance and investment
- ensuring the Trust has robust and effective financial controls in place
- liaison with finance staff at Charis and the Trust’s independent auditor to monitor the production of and sign off of the Trust’s annual accounts.
The position involves attendance at quarterly Board meetings, occasional additional ad hoc meetings and conference calls and regular contact by email.
- To ensure the Trust is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
- Comply with the Trusts governing document and the law
- Act in the Trust’s best interests
- Manage the Trust’s resources responsibly
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Ensure your charity is accountable