The Treasurer will:
- maintain an overview of the charity's affairs
- ensure its financial viability
- ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained
The Treasurer serves as a member of the Board of Trustees with responsibility as follows:
- Every two months review financial reports from the book-keeper to produce Treasurer's reports for Finance and Board meetings, which are also held every two months. The Treasurer attends both meetings and reviews paperwork for both.
- Annually, review and finalise the year-end accounts to pass to the accounts examiner.
- Annually, review the draft budget for the Board to approve and, when needed, prepare a contingent liability report for six-months wind-down costs, (annually or when there is a material change in staffing.
- Write the Treasurer's report for the Annual Report
- Periodically carry out compliance review of bank reconciliations
- Be contactable via email for authorisation of any payments over £250.
- web site www.homestarteastsuffolk.org.uk see Annual Report 2016 - 17 on this site