About the charity
Talitha Arts was founded by the actress Amanda Root in 2010. It uses the creative arts to restore hope, dignity and worth to:
- Dementia sufferers
- Survivors of trafficking and abuse
- Survivors of domestic violence
Talitha has undertaken transformative work in the UK, India and Bolivia, and was recognised by Prime Minister Theresa May when it won a Point of Light Award in December 2016.
More information about what the charity has achieved and does can be found at its website: www.talitha.org.uk.
Role Title: Finance Trustee
Reporting to: The Board of Trustees
Working with: Works closely with the Chair, Chief Executive and the board of trustees.
Background: Finance, Strategy and Governance, Fundraising, Legal, Risk.
- Monitor the financial standing of the charity and work with the Board and CEO regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals.
- Act as a counter signatory on cheques and applications to funders and ensure that annual accounts are submitted to the Executive Director in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with independent accountants on financial issues and ensuring that the organsiation’s finances are responsibly managed/invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
Responsibilities of the Finance Trustee
In relation to Finance
- Maintenance and development of financial systems and records;
- Preparation of financial accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Maintenance and development of records and information required by funders;
- Support and assistance to the C.E.O with fundraising applications;
- Preparing service/department budgets
- Preparing monthly reports on Cashflow, Invoices and Creditors reports for the CEO and Board of Trustees
- Any other duties as request by the C.E.O and commensurate with the role.
- Reporting to Charity Commission & Companies House, Annual Reports etc
In relation to Governance
- Lead the Board’s duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Sound financial experience with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and any impending changes.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- Skills and experience in one or more areas of non-executive governance and management e.g. strategic planning, business management, financial/accountancy, understanding of HR issues, experience of Trusts or other grant giving bodies particularly fundraising and legal knowledge.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
- Talitha has a Christian ethos and founding inspiration, therefore it would be desirable for the role to be filled by a committed Christian.
Time Commitment and Location
- The Board meets four times a year and the Treasurer is expected to be available at least twice a year.
- In addition to Board Meetings, other contact – usually electronic or by telephone – will be necessary.
- It is important that you able to visit the organisation’s office in London although this location may change (within reason and according to what is possible for members), and be available to the Chief Executive/senior paid staff members on a regular basis.
- Attendance at award meetings or fundraising meetings is optional
To start as soon as possible.
More roles like this
- Weekdays Governance Social welfare Board and committee roles in London (Greater)
- Weekdays Governance Social welfare Committee member roles in London (Greater)
- Weekdays Governance Social welfare Trustee/board member roles in London (Greater)
- Weekdays Governance Social welfare Finance roles in London (Greater)
- Weekdays Governance Social welfare Accountant roles in London (Greater)