5 days left
MAC-UK is a registered charity that was founded in 2008 to radically transform access to mental health services for our most excluded young people.
MAC-UK is looking for its next Treasurer to help us help us make the most of and navigate the opportunities and challenges of our future plans.
MAC-UK wants to support justice, health, housing, education and social care services to become psychologically informed environments, and for mental health care to involve reaching out to people in their locality and developing services through co-production. This means meeting people in their place and at their pace, then designing and delivering services with, not to or for, people. We know that this approach leads to improved wellbeing, and that it advances education and relieves unemployment for deprived young people living with poor mental health in the process.
As our new Treasurer you will:
• Be part of the Board of a well-respected and successful mental health organisation helping those who are hardest hit by inequality;
• get to shape the financial strategy for an organisation that is always open to new ideas and challenges; and
• work together with a dedicated and skilled Board, CEO and Finance Director to make sure MAC-UK is able to deliver its vision and maintain its reputation for quality co-production.
Everybody that joins MAC-UK embodies our values of youth participation, co-production, partnership working and striving for whole systems change. Together, we intend to continue punching well above our weight and to have an impact that lasts well beyond our time.
In our new Treasurer, we are looking for someone who first and foremost has:
• passion for supporting transformational change for excluded young people;
• experience of working at Board level, either as a Trustee or Director, in a charity/social enterprise;
• experience of ensuring the financial side of a growing social purpose organisation enable its future vision and strategy;
• ability to explain and discuss financial concepts with people with a range of backgrounds and asking challenging questions when needed; and
• an appetite for positive risk-taking.