Trustee of the Society of Occupational Medicine
Join the Society of Occupational Medicine board
The Society of Occupational Medicine is a national charity that supports occupational health and medicine through its members. As a result of a new constitution being passed in June 2017, Trustees wish to appoint three new Trustees who will support the new board, the Chief Executive and the President through ambitious, creative, independent, and informed thinking. The Board needs skills and experience from the Commercial sector, Finance, Marketing and ideally also a user of Occupational Health Services.
Trustees should possess the following attributes:
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
- Strategic vision, good, independent judgement and an ability to think creatively.
- Integrity and a willingness to speak their mind and to listen to others points of view.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
The Board will meet 4 times a year, usually in London, although there may also be occasions where decisions need to be made outside of Board Meetings, which will occur by e-mail. Please see attached annual review.
For a confidential discussion please contact Nick Pahl, CEO at email@example.com