Financial Trustee for Brain Injury Charity
Headway South Bucks (HSB) - a small charity dedicated to supporting brain injury survivors and their families at all stages of recovery. HSB has been in operation for 20 years and supports 30 clients of which 20 are regular attendees.
We recognise the importance of evolving and developing the organisation to reach more ABI survivors and to offer services that are relevant and appropriate to different client groups.
There is an appetite within the current Trustee and the Management teams to expand and diversify what HSB can offer to ABI survivors in the region. To ensure such plans are feasible, sustainable and effectively implemented, HSB is looking to recruit a Financial Trustee who can offer financial strategy and planning skills to inform these ideas, in addition to on-going financial oversight and financial management.
Main Tasks of the role include
- Budgeting and strategic financial planning
- Management reporting – actuals against forecasted budgets
- Statutory financial reporting
- Monitoring and reviewing reserves’ policy
- Supervising a contracted book-keeper
- Overseeing salaries, pensions and auto-enrolment
- Qualified accountant
- Knowledge of charity SORP
- Knowledge of pension commitments
- Awareness of QuickBooks desirable
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Competent use of IT skills
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Team-oriented approach to problem solving and management
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting period of transformation, and potentially influence the future direction of the charity
- Opportunity to develop or expand skills and experience in non-executive governance and management
- Work with an enthusiastic team
- An understanding of the challenges and rewards of the charity sector
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses is available.